Fast track top-up course for qualified Forest School Leaders wanting to lead Coastal School - a 3-day accredited Level 3 course.
This Agored Cymru level 3 QCF top-up unit enables you to use what you already know as a Forest School Leader, develop the new skills and knowledge required and apply them to the coastal environment to plan, run and evaluate Coastal School sessions for children.
Days 1 & 2 (indoor theory and mostly outdoor activity)
- Tides; how to read them and use them in your planning along with other environmental factors
- Ecology; Essential plant and animal identification, native and invasive.
- Practical ideas for coastal activities that work, and how to lead sessions.
- Health & Safety on the coast; Risk assessments, current marine hazards and plastic pollution
- Preparing your CS Handbook - What you need to include including policies and procedures.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating CS sessions.
Day 3 (outdoor activity)
- Plant and animal identification
- Establishing CS activities suitable for your beach.
- Outdoor practical skills, beach fires and shelters suited to your beach.
Entry Qualifications Required
- Must be over 19
- Have a minimum 2 years experience working with groups outdoors
- Completed a level 3 FS course / or equivalent outdoors in the past 5 years
- Identified coastal school location
Level 3 Coastal School Leader